Thursday, June 30, 2011

And in this corner...Rusty!!!!

The nursery is now 95% complete. All that is left to do is put together the glider and it will be done. This weekend, Fred and I are going to do our last minute shopping of what we need for him that we haven't gotten already.

A few things have changed since my last check in. I am now on insulin 4 times a day. My doctor had increased the medicine to just about the maximum when she thought it would be a good idea to switch me. Now my numbers are all over the place and some have been constantly high. I have been on the insulin for over a week now and I thought it would have regulated by now. The doctor has increased my doses 2 times already. Hopefully things will even out.

This past Tuesday I went for a doctor's appointment and had an ultrasound and a non-stress test. The last ultrasound we had, "Rusty" was measuring in the 56th percentile and looked really proportionate. This time he still was proportionate but weighed 6 lbs 13oz and is in the 80th percentile. I nearly died!! The closer he is to 50 the better. The ultrasound tech reassured me that she had a mobile unit and the measurements might be off. Obviously that didn't help how I was feeling. I was very anxious and scared!!

After the ultrasound, I had a non-stress test and he looked great. It took the nurse a while to get a good position to keep his heartbeat (he is quite a wiggler). But he passed with flying colors. I then had an appointment with my doctor. He informed me due to the weight increase of me (4 lbs which is the first time I have gained) and baby, I will most likely be induced early. I have to come in every week and have a non-stress test now but if in 2 weeks there is an issue with baby, he will induce me. So holy scary!! I knew I needed to be ready but I thought I would have a few more weeks after that. Fred is taking the day off and going with me in case I am sent to the hospital.

I packed the baby and my hospital bag yesterday. Fred is packing his this weekend. We have another ultrasound on Tuesday with the Diabetes doctor. Hopefully he doesn't gain too much weight between now and then. I will update next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment