Sunday, July 24, 2011

Here he comes...

Some things have happened since my last update. I have had 2 more non stress tests and he has looked great. The last appointment I went to the doctor checked me and I was progressing nicely and even dilated to 1 cm, but alas not enough to send me to be induced.

Last Monday, I was at Stop and Shop doing some last minute food shopping and I started having some really intense pains in my stomach. I finished up and went out to my car. The pains were so bad I couldn't drive home at that point. I called Fred and then the doctor. The doctor told me he would send my paperwork to the hospital and to head there, I might be in labor!! I called Fred with the news and he left work to come and get me. I was still having the pains/cramps until I was hooked up to a machine and was laying down...they stopped! The doctor on call came in to check me and said I was not in labor and described what I would feel if I had contractions. Alas, we went home with no baby.

This past Thursday I had my weekly appointment with the OB and he scheduled our induction for Sunday (tonight)!!! Of course I didn't sleep more than about 2 hours last night. I am nervous of the unknown. I have heard that contractions and labor are more intense if you are induced and I have also heard the opposite. I guess it will be nice to finally know what a REAL contraction feels like, seeming as though I thought I had been having them before. Our little guy will hopefully be here tomorrow. My cousin Johnny's birthday is tomorrow (good day).

Here are a few of my wishes for my son: I hope he never gives up. I hope he knows I will always love him no matter what. I hope he knows he will succeed at whatever he puts his mind/heart to. I hope he dreams BIG! I hope he will be the person he wants to be. Declan: I love you so much and I haven't even met you! I can't wait to kiss your face, hold your hands and hug you forever!!

No comments:

Post a Comment