Saturday, March 12, 2011

Active Little One

Some new things have been going on since my last post. Baby Gallup has been super active and I had my first real kick this morning. I had an idea of what it was because of how active the baby has been. It was a great feeling. I'm surprised it isn't happening more :)

This past Monday, I went for a Level 2 ultrasound but thought it was because they weren't able to get a measurement of the spine and heart. The tech was nice but did not divulge much. I asked how it was going and all she really told me was that the baby was moving around a lot. She didn't think she got everything and had the doctor come in to talk to us and try herself. She was very nice and told us right away what was going on. The baby has a "bright spot" aka freckle on his heart. It doesn't mean anything for later in life and might even go away within my next trimester. It just means there is a part of the heart that is a little brighter and possibly stronger than the rest of his heart. I was somewhat nervous because you want everything to be perfect for your little one and to be told there is an imperfection is hard. But after speaking with my doctor, I felt reassured that everything will be alright.

I realized I have let it slip in the last paragraph...We are having a boy!!!!! We registered last weekend at Babies R Us. Oh Boy was it overwhelming! We had fun but there was so much stuff we had to get. I didn't realize this beforehand. We trekked through and finished but need to do some tweaking online. We are super excited!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment