Saturday, March 26, 2011

Marathon

On Wednesday (22 weeks exactly), I was sitting and watching TV when I felt something like a gas bubble popping in my stomach. I ignored it. I felt it again and put my hand on my stomach and started rubbing. I felt the little one bobbing around. It was pretty cool. I went into bed and laid down. I put my hand on my stomach and started talking to him and that was when my hand jumped. He kicked my hand so hard it moved. I talked to him and we had a moment (I cried a little). Fred still hasn't felt him move but I can't wait until that happens. I said to Fred yesterday that I feel because the baby has been moving so much, when he is born he is going to come out and run a marathon while singing Born Free!!

I went to the doctor yesterday because I thought something was wrong with my breast. Turns out I have overstimulated around the aereola when I was sleeping and that has started the production of milk in that breast. My doctor said that if the breasts are overstimulated enough that might cause contractions to start. That was something I did not know. I have to get new bras to wear at night so this won't happen anymore. It is quite painful!

We finally finished our registries at Babies R Us and Target. I look at them everyday. I was surprised to see that something was already bought. Last weekend we picked out the furniture as well from IKEA. I love, love, love the dresser we picked. We already have a crib which was in the family. We are getting a dresser and a bookshelf/changing table.

We have started moving the furniture around and out of the second bedroom to make room for baby. I can't wait to start making the hundred acre wood on the walls. I was inspired to do something creative on the walls that matched our theme from a friend that was in my sorority. I saw her maternity photos (which I have booked the same girl to do the newborn photos) and I fell in love with her Dr. Seuss theme in her nursery.

No comments:

Post a Comment