Saturday, April 2, 2011

Oh my Goodness!!

The other day while at work I started having some really bad cramps on the left lower side of my stomach. I tried to stand up and I couldn't. I started getting very hot and nervous. Eventually I could stand up and I went over to lay down.  In doing so, the pain intensified and the baby was not moving at all. Maybe he was stuck, and I couldn't do anything. I felt useless at this point. A co-worker called the nurse who in turn called 911. I went in an ambulance to Brockton Hospital. They took me straight up to Labor and Delivery. My mom and Fred were both called and came up when they got there.

They hooked me up to a machine where they could hear the baby's heartbeat and monitor if I was having contractions. All I kept thinking was, this baby was not ready to come out. He needs to cook more. Apparently, what I was feeling was not contractions. I was told because my uterus and the baby have grown so much in the past few weeks, space is becoming limited inside me. There is a lot of pressure being put on my lower abdomen and I should get a support belt for my back and belly. All of this drama for them to tell me that I am continuing to grow. Oh My Goodness!!!!! It was so stressful!! I really want the rest of this pregnancy to be stress and sickness free...is that too much to ask?

1 comment:

  1. Scary!! One thing that scared me was when my ligaments on my right of my stomach were being pulled. The pain was awful! I didn't know what to do! One trick I do to check on Miss Madison is drink a big glass of OJ and lay down. The sugar makes her start moving and eases my concerns!

    ReplyDelete