Monday, May 30, 2011

You can't always get what you want...But we did!!!!

Our baby shower was last weekend and was hosted by my mother and mother-in-law. It was amazing!! So many friends and family were there to celebrate with us. The place was great, food was delicious, I heard the cake was amazing (frosting still tastes like soap :(), and the amount of gifts was unbelievable. Everyone was so generous and thoughtful. "Rusty" is going to be the best dressed baby ever!!! Honestly, there is not much more that we have to get (which makes me less anxious). I have to give a special thank you to my cousin Kristina for putting together a most impressive basket. The day that she found out we were pregnant, her shopping spree started. Her basket had to have weighed a good 40 pounds. I couldn't open it all at the shower and was super excited to open it this weekend. One word-AMAZING!!

The nursery is coming along. The crib is finished and now the dresser is put together as well. All we need now is the changing station and glider to be put together and put in the room. I can't wait to put the decals up in his room. The whole theme of the room is Winnie the Pooh and we have 2 foot tall decals of the characters to put on the walls. I will post pictures when the room is complete.

Some things I can't wait for: meeting this little man that keeps tickling me under my ribcage, and to not have to live with pricking my finger 4 times a day. I just want to be able to enjoy a cheeseburger, french fries and shake without having to check my sugar afterwards (actually that sounds really good and I think that might be my first meal once baby is out!!)

I think all the time, what is he going to look like, how is he going to sound, what temperament will he have, is he going to love me, will I make all the right decisions for him, am I going to be a good mom? As I write this, I have a few tears because I have been told that I will be a great mom but I don't know if I will. I know my motherly instincts kicked in soon after I was diagnosed with GD but will it continue? Do other people have these feelings or am I just being an emotional roller coaster?

No comments:

Post a Comment