Saturday, May 7, 2011

My Big Toe!!!

This past week my numbers for the gestational diabetes have been high. I had an appointment yesterday with the high risk OB who specializes in gestational diabetes. She was amazing!! She made me feel very calm and laid out my options so I could understand them and I was not confused.

After she analyzed my numbers, I had 2 options, either an oral medication or insulin. After weighing the pros and cons I decided to go with the pill. I take it 3 times a day, before breakfast, before dinner and before bedtime. After just starting it yesterday before dinner my numbers seemed to have gone down. The true test was my fasting number this morning and it was FINALLY where it supposed to be. I am super happy that this is working so far. If the pill doesn't end up working the whole time, I will have to switch to insulin but we will cross that bridge when we get to it.

We had an ultrasound of the little guy yesterday too.  He is measuring fine and does not seem to have taken on much weight from my extra glucose, PHEW what a relief!! He weighs 3 pounds now and is in the 67 percentile. "Rusty" and I had a long talk in the car regarding his cooperation for the ultrasound. He listened for the most part, but when it came to printing the pictures he decided it was time to become shy. We did get a great picture of his BIG FEET and BIG TOE!!!! (takes after his father)

All in all it has been an uphill battle and I was tired but now I feel I can relax a little and everything is going to be fine. I go back for another appointment in 4 weeks. For now, it's just tracking what I eat, taking my medicine and enjoying the last weeks of my pregnancy.

Thank you to everyone who is supporting me and reading this. Your advice and comments are greatly appreciated and very helpful!!

No comments:

Post a Comment