Saturday, February 12, 2011

This Week has been Exciting!!

This week has been super packed with exciting things revolving around the wee little one. First, last Sunday I used a gift certificate that a friend gave me to get my first prenatal massage. OH MY GOD it was amazing!! I was happily surprised I got to lay on my side for the work done on my back but I also got to cuddle with a body pillow. It was very relaxing. Then when it came to foot and leg work, I laid on my back with the back of the bed pushed up and a pillow under my legs. I felt like a new person when my new best friend Jenny finished. I have decided I am going to start a mommy massage fund so I can go every month. Sounds good to me!!

The next exciting thing happened on Wednesday night while I was trying to go to bed. I was laying on my side and I felt a sharp little dig in my stomach. I thought it might have been gas so I moved around a bit. It happened again and again. When it did the third time, I pushed back on my stomach and it happened again. I made sure to say hello to Baby Gallup. I rolled over and we played this game on the other side. I then looked at the clock and explained that Mommy had to go to bed. It was very exciting and a bit overwhelming to feel more than a flutter from Baby Gallup. I have a friend at work that touches my belly every time she sees me. She's very excited to be an auntie and she's enjoying watching me go through the pregnancy. Yesterday she found me and starting rubbing my belly and asking if he/she was kicking back. I explained it's not really a kick right now but there was no action on the baby's part, until I went down the hallway. Then Baby Gallup would not stop moving. I think he/she was taking a nap!!

Today is also very exciting! Fred and I are going to South Shore hospital for follow up blood work and then having a tour of the maternity ward. I can't believe how fast time is flying by. I am super happy about the tour. Tonight we have dinner reservations for Valentine's Day at The Loft in Andover and we are both looking forward to that.

I wish everyone a wonderful week!!

No comments:

Post a Comment