Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Musical Interpretation

While driving to work this morning Lee Ann Womack's I Hope You Dance came on the radio. While listening intently, I realized the lyrics explained how I feel about my unborn child and what I want for him/her. Let me explain:
I hope you never lose your sense of wonder
You get your fill to eat
But always keep that hunger
May you never take one single breath for granted
God forbid love ever leave you empty handed
Whenever one door closes, I hope one more opens
Promise me you'll give faith a fighting chance
I want my child to have any opportunity available for hi/her. I don't want him/her to ever give up on his/her dreams.
I hope you never fear those mountains in the distance
Never settle for the path of least resistance
Living might mean taking chances
But they're worth taking
Lovin' might be a mistake
But it's worth making
Don't let some hell bent heart
Leave you bitter
When you come close to selling out
Reconsider
Give the heavens above
More than just a passing glance I want him/her to give everything a chance even if he/she might get hurt. I want him/her to not be afraid of anything. I want him/her to give love an opportunity.

Another song I heard and thought of my child as well and that is Don't Blink by Kenny Chesney. The idea  of this song explains that life goes by so quickly and if you blink you might miss it. I love the chorus of this song:
Don't blink, just like that you're six years old
And you take a nap
And you wake up and you're twenty-five
And your high school sweetheart becomes your wife

Don't blink, you just might miss
Your babies growing like mine did
Turning into moms and dads
Next thing you know your better half
I realized today that this has happened to me so far. I feel like I was just a young child walking on the beach with my mom and dad hand in hand. Then I graduated high school, went off to college, married my high school sweetheart, and now I am having a child myself. WOW!!!! How time flies!!All in a blink of an eye!

No comments:

Post a Comment